After many years using Guitar Pro 5, I’ve finally made the move to Guitar Pro 7. I saw a recent 20% off deal and felt I had no excuse.
If you haven’t used it yet, I recommend you try it, especially if you write songs or work in transcription – it makes the job easier and quicker.
Some things I like about it:
- I can easily get a horizontal view that takes up almost all the entire screen (ideal for my guitar videos)
- Chord labels are quicker to implement
- Grace notes are easier to add
- When playing, it will highlight the currently played bar yellow, making it easier to follow the tablature and see the indicator
- You can have multiple score tabs open at the same time
- The interface looks great!
I’ll be interested in seeing how it handles bends, as Guitar Pro 5 had some issues with that, but all in all, I’m really pleased with my purchase. At the end of the day, it’s a positive not just for me, but also my subscribers!